Earlier today the Supreme Court of South Carolina issued an Order with Revisions to the Self-Represented Litigant Simple Divorce Packet based upon suggestions from the legal community to the SC Access to Justice Commission.
- Addition of a sample script for the Plaintiff;
- Paragraphs 1 and 2 have been added to Page 1 so the parties can provide the county and state of their residency;
- Paragraph 3 of Page 1 has been added so the parties can provide the county and state where they last shared a residence;
- Paragraph 4 has been revised to allow the Plaintiff to select the length of time the parties have lived in South Carolina; and
- The statement “If no name change is requested, please leave blank” is added at the end of Paragraph B on page 3.